2. Encourage the development of a eco-citizenship vocation within society;
3. Participate in the promotion and dissemination of general knowledge in multidisciplinary sciences and Humanities;
4. Feed the sense of exploration and curiosity among youth;
5. Establish partnerships and collaborations with other actors in society - organizations, institutions, communicators, scientists and artists - to achieve the objectives of the organization.
1. The Anthropocene anf global change;
2. Big History;
3. Global education.
We believe that an education to global citizenship, to global issues and to the state of our planet may contribute to help make this world a better place than it is right now. Huge challenges are awaiting us and denial cannot continue any longer. The changing climate, the biodiversity crisis and the growing gap between rich and poor are problems we must urgently address on a global scale.
Our era is one of great diagnostics. International teams of scientists and thinkers of every domains a working in synergy to take the pulse of our planet and to foresee what our future is going to be like. While these activities are drawing a portrait of Humanity and the Biosphere with unprecedented details, many thresholds in the Earth's system are about to be crossed, threatening the very equilibrium on which civilizations relied on for millenniums.
With today's context, Globaïa offers an expertise to communicate and raise awareness on our world trajectory in order to spread a significant and holistic global picture. We hope to touch people's sensitivity because this is where meaning lies. We hope to raise consciousness because this feature make our specie unique and adaptive. We hope to inform to fight against ignorance.
The Anthropocene has begun.
|Globaïa © 2009-2013|